Tuesday, May 13, 2008

War Hurting Bush as Much as Anyone

Turns out our fearless leader gave up golf back in 2003 because "I feel I owe it to the families [of the soldiers] to be in solidarity as best as I can with them". The comments came during a recent interview regarding the faulty intelligence that lead to the Iraq War. What do you even say to something like this? I'm sure the families of our fallen soldiers are comforted by the fact that our cowardly president temporarily gave up his hobby.

Always a master wordsmith, Bush also said that he "didn't want some mom whose son may have recently died to see the commander in chief playing golf". "Some mom"? Damn some moms for spoiling all the fun. He'll have to play more of his second favorite game out of the public eye. Hide and seek with Spot. The guy is so completely out-of-touch with America it's obscene. If he gave a damn about the Katrina disaster I wonder what he would have done to show his solidarity with those families. Given up video games perhaps? Not finishing his vacation would have been a nice start. How is it that the greatest country in the world has twice elected such a stupid, callous, immature rube?

2 comments:

Wineplz said...

I've met him and he's actually a very nice guy. I'd love to BBQ with him or something like that. His heart's really in the right place, just he doesn't always speak so eloquently.
Part of it is the liberal media that picks apart everything he does or says. I couldn't imagine having his job--no matter what he decides to do, it's always going to be the wrong decision according to the media, even if it's the lesser of two evils.
And he can't be that bad if he beat out both Al Gore and John Kerry, eh?

The Rational Republican said...

Colleen, I almost hate to disagree with one of my few commenters and risk driving you away, but on this topic I must. First, he may be a nice guy you want to BBQ with but that's not enough when evaluating him as President of the US. There are many guys I love to BBQ with who would make terrible presidents. It's kind of like saying we should take it easy on him cause he's slower than the other kids. As for the liberal media, what I chose to blog about in this post were off of direct qoutes. I won't dispute that the media sometimes has a bias, but regardless, in this case they were direct quotes.

We can't give Bush, or anyone else, a free pass just because they are nice people or because the job is hard. They have responsibilities to the American people and this president completely dropped the ball. So, I welcome more specific comments on what he has achieved, but as far I can tell he has completely dropped the ball (and it can't include the "we haven't been attacked yet" because anyone after 9/11 would have made security the top priority). And as for him beating Gore, technically the Supreme Court went against the will of the people in what most would describe as a political decision, not a judcicial one. I don't think we should ever have to settle for "can't be that bad" with our political leaders.

Please keep commenting. I really do appreciate it and the opportunity to respond.