Thursday, February 7, 2008

McCain's the Nom

Romney dropped out today after spending more than $40 million of his own money. HA! And of course the news outlets are there to analyze what went wrong. Hmmm. I wonder what could have helped his campaign. Oh, maybe not shifting all of his positions to pander to various groups, especially social conservatives. As part of his concession speech, Romney had this to say...

"If I fight on in my campaign, all the way to the convention, I would forestall the launch of a national campaign and make it more likely that Senator Clinton or Obama would win. And in this time of war, I simply cannot let my campaign, be a part of aiding a surrender to terror".

I thought I heard something about Democrat plans to invite Bin Laden to stay a night in the Lincoln bedroom. Romney gave us a parting reminder of why he failed. I hate this talking point. It's such an ignorant play on people's emotions.

I feel better and better about my party as each one of these nuts drops off. The only one left is Huckabee, who happens to be the biggest. However, what worries me now is that McCain will pick up one of the previous contenders as a running mate, none of whom would be good for this country. In a bid to boost his conservative credentials and re-energize the evangelicals he may pick up a Hunter, Huckabee, Romney-like candidate. But I think he's smart enough to know that that is not where America is and that that would be the quickest way to end his candidacy. I'm just surprised Romney threw it in before Huck. But then again, Huck has God on his side spurring him to victory. What a loon.

No comments: